NeuroSphere Learning Platform provides NeuroSphere educational content based on NeuroSphere courses to individuals across the world. Our goal is to share NeuroSphere quality material with the world. We care about the security of your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how NeuroSphere Learning Platform and its Data Processors – third party platforms that deliver NeuroSphere Learning Platform’s content - collect, use, and process personal information about our learners through the NeuroSphere Learning Platform website (the “Site” which consists of all content and pages located within the firstname.lastname@example.org web domain), as well as information that we may collect from you in other ways.Back to top
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroSphere Learning Platform, collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information (hereinafter “Personal Information”) about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Biographic information – name, email address, country of residence, affiliated or not at McGill
- Contact information – country or region of residence
- Usernames, as well as information posted by you to the discussion section
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroSphere Learning Platform, collect information, including Personal Information, when you sign up for a user account, send us email messages.
Also on behalf of NeuroSphere Learning Platform, Data Processors collect information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroSphere Learning Platform, may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site. NeuroSphere Learning Platform or its Data Processors, may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. If you reject cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.Back to top
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroSphere Learning Platform collects, uses, and processes your personal information (1) to process transactions requested by you; (2) to facilitate NeuroSphere Learning Platform ’s legitimate interests. Examples of the ways in which NeuroSphere Learning Platform may use your personal information are as follows:
- To enable NeuroSphere Learning Platform to provide, administer, and improve our offerings.
- To authenticate your identity when you register.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry.
- To monitor and detect violations of the Terms of Service, as well as other misuses and potential misuses of the Site.
- To help NeuroSphere Learning Platform improve its offerings, to evaluate the access and use of the Site.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by NeuroSphere Learning Platform or other events, or to send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems, and network.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
If you have concerns about any of these purposes, or about how NeuroSphere Learning Platform communicates with you, please contact us at email@example.com. NeuroSphere Learning Platform will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal information (subject to our legal obligations).Back to top
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroSphere Learning Platform may share information collected (including Personal Information) with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on NeuroSphere Learning Platform’s behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering material, or in connection with other aspects of NeuroSphere Learning Platform services.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection. In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners.Back to top
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED AND SECURED
NeuroSphere Learning Platform and its Data Processors are designed to protect Personal Information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information that it receives, maintains, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and therefore we do not guarantee its absolute security.Back to top
- based on your cookie settings, NeuroSphere Learning Platform and its Data Processors may receive information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- NeuroSphere Learning Platform and its Data Processors may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software you used when accessing the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- NeuroSphere Learning Platform and its Data Processors may track and collect information from emails that are sent to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
You may modify and disable cookies through your individual browser settings or you can opt out of the collection and use of this information through tools like the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.Back to top
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroSphere Learning Platform considers its relationship with the NeuroSphere Learning Platform community to be lifelong. This means that NeuroSphere Learning Platform will maintain a record for you until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. After such time, we will retain a core set of information for NeuroSphere Learning Platform’s legitimate purposes, such as archival and historical research and for the defense of potential legal claimsBack to top
RIGHTS FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
You have the right in certain circumstances to (1) access your personal information; (2) to correct or erase information; (3) restrict processing; and (4) object to communications, direct marketing, or profiling. To the extent applicable, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation provides further information about your rights. You also have the right to lodge complaints with your national or regional data protection authority.
If you are inclined to exercise these rights, NeuroSphere Learning Platform requests an opportunity to discuss with you any concerns you may have. To protect the personal information we hold, we may also request further information to verify your identity when exercising these rights. Upon a request to erase information, we will maintain a core set of personal data to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in the future, as well as any information necessary for NeuroSphere archival purposes. In the event of an actual or threatened legal claim, we may retain your information for purposes of establishing, defending against or exercising our rights with respect to such claim.
By providing information directly to NeuroSphere, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to the United States. You understand that the current laws and regulations of the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the data and privacy laws and regulations of the EEA.
NeuroSphere Learning Platform may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by contacting you directly.
The controller for your personal information is NeuroSphere. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org..
This policy was last updated on February 2nd, 2021.